Monday, February 23, 2009

Wile E Coyote – The Consummate Entrepreneur

Zoom and BoredImage via Wikipedia
Poor Wile E Coyote. No matter what he does, no matter how hard he tries, no matter how clever his whacky contraptions are, he never catches the Road Runner. Not only do Wile E’s elaborate schemes backfire, he usually gets the worst of the deal – crushed under a boulder, squashed by a piano, run over by a train. He seems hopeless.
BUT… Wile E never gives up.
Isn't that what we want in our entrepreneurs? Don’t we want them to identify the pain? (e.g., I’m hungry.) Don’t we want them to create an objective? (e.g., Eat the Roadrunner.) Create or buy a device that’ll enable them to meet the objective? (e.g., Buy rocket-powered roller skates from the ACME company.) Create a plan? (e.g., Ignite rockets. CatchRoadrunner.)
And what do they do when the plan goes wrong? (e.g., Wile E hits mountainside, slides into pit of rattlesnakes and… you know the rest.)
Wile E could stop anytime – if he weren’t driven passionately to succeed. He keeps thinking up ideas to get what he wants. He takes action. He never gives up. Never. And that’s what makes Wile E a consummate entrepreneur.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Coyote Hunting said...

I like your analogy. However, I certainly hope you have more success than Wile E.